Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hobbies

Lately I have been trying to find something to do besides sitting in front of a computer screen all day. I have been thinking about it for some time now and have decided on a few things to start doing around the house to keep my mind occupied. First of all I use to take violin lessons, and I think I am going to pursue that again. I never got very far in my previous lessons before I had to quit, but I was able to squeak out a few simple songs. Needless to say, I have forgotten every single thing I learned from those lessons. I hope I can find someone nearby the give me lessons. I called a local music store and they didn't know anyone near here. So I am going to call another music store in another town close by. I really would like to start practicing again, I had a lot of fun with it.

I also use to draw a little. I never was very good at that either, but it's a hobby I enjoyed. My favorite subject to draw was my favorite anime Sailor Moon. I mostly sketched when I was in high school and just seemed to drop it for some reason. But tonight I decided to pick it back up while David was raiding. I had a picture on my desktop that I really liked so I decided to try and draw it. Here's the out come.



















I know it's a little light, the camera wasn't able to get it as clearly as I'd liked. I'm not that great, but I think you can at least tell what it is. lol The original picture had flowers surrounding it, but I wasn't comfortable drawing those yet. Maybe I will practice and go back and finish it someday.

Well that's all I have for now, later. :)

No comments: