Friday, April 23, 2010

Doggie outside my window

Pregnancy hormones..they're a killer. I find myself crying my eyes out over things that may have just made me slightly upset. For over a week I have been fighting these feeling over a silly little dog. My neighbor lets his dog run free, and he came to my house. At the time, I didn't know he was owned by anyone, I thought he was a stray. Being my animal loving self I played with him and let my dog play with him. Last Saturday I got a knock on my door from an old man who lives a few houses over and said that it was his dog. He told me he was trying to keep it from coming over here and wanted ME to 'give him a good switching' when he comes over. There's no way I'm going to do that! I don't beat my own dog, let alone someone else's dog. I took the hint though, and I have not given the dog anymore attention. The problem is, he won't leave! He follows me every where I go, tries to run after my car when I leave, and cries outside of my window looking at me. I can't take much more! It's breaking my heart. Today it's pouring in the rain and he's soaked to the bone and wants inside. I don't want to go against this guys wishes, but if he wants his dog he needs to keep him indoors or make a fenced in lot for him. I'm not sure, but isn't there a law against letting your dog run free?

I'm just very frustrated with this man. He doesn't seem to care for his dog in any way except giving him food. A dog needs more than that, he needs to be played with, given some attention, and this dog especially, needs to be groomed. I wish I could have this dog, but I can't. I wish I had the guts to go up to this mans house and offer to pay him for the dog. I can't see how he would really care, seeing how the dog is never even at his house. But, it's not my call. I guess I'll just sit here and look out my window wishing I could play with him.

No comments: