Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting Nervous

Only 9 weeks left! It's so close, yet so far. I have to admit, the thought of child birth is making me very nervous at this point. Up until now I have just kinda pushed it out of my head because it was 'so far away'. Now, I feel like it's almost upon me and I have to face it...whether I'm ready or not. I won't go into the details of exactly what I'm afraid of, I'm sure most of you know what happens during that time anyway, but it seems soooo scary. I've started reading the things you may experience after..nobody told me about the after!! *shudders*

I'm sure it will all be fine in the end, I know it's a little scary, especially for a first timer, but it's worth it. I just saw a picture on facebook of one of my friends who had a baby last night. I of course, started to cry. All I think of is, "What will Jacob be like?" I want to hold him in my arms and count every little finger and toe, kiss his forehead and just stare at him in amazement! I can't take much more, why isn't it August yet?!

One more thing to look forward to..or not..is my baby shower this Saturday. I guess you are scratching your head wondering why wouldn't you look forward to that? Well, I am a person of a very nervous disposition. lol I hate being in front of a crowd, and since it is MY baby shower everyone will be focusing their attention on me at some point. If only I could melt into the background and just have all of those gifts without anyone making a fuss. That would be a perfect world to me. :) I suppose I can handle a couple of hours of it, after all I want those baby gifts!

No comments: