Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Shower!


I finally had my baby shower this past Saturday, and things went pretty well overall. It started at 2, and only a handful of people were there at that time, but by 2:30 we had a large crowd. I was very happy with how the decorations turned out, I thought it was different than most showers I've been to, and that is what I was going for.I was very pleased with the cake that we got. It turned out beautifully! We got a local lady to make our cake, her recipe just tastes so much better than what you can buy out of a store. She also did our wedding cake, so I knew it would taste good, but I was a little concerned what the picture on the cake would look like. Turns out she's pretty good at that too.I got tons of clothes, which is of course a good thing, but I was hoping to get a few more packages of diapers. I got only 2 packages of newborn diapers, which may due me a little over a week. I got a few other packages that are different sizes, but I will have to buy more newborn sizes, but every little bit helps. :)We had a lot of good food to eat as well, my mother-in-law got some of her family to bring a dish of food, and David and I bought chicken tenders for the main course. I just didn't want to have finger foods if I could help it. I know that I don't really like them, so I didn't want to feed something I wouldn't want to everyone else.

It was a good day, but I sure was tired afterward.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OHH wow!! Amazing baby shower. It reminded me of my best friend’s baby shower at one of San Francisco event venues. Her sister and brother did a fabulous job by managing everything wonderfully. I loved and enjoyed the party.