Friday, July 10, 2009

Wonderful News!



Yesterday David and I got the best news of our lives, we're going to have a baby! I have never cried because I was happy before, until yesterday. I just went into David's arms and the tears started to stream down my face. I was thanking God the whole time.

Yesterday started out kind of uncertain though. I got up at 6:00 a.m. to take a home pregnancy test and I saw two lines, but the second line was faint. I still didn't know anything. David and I had to wait 3 hours before the doctor came into the office to contact him. Those were 3 very long hours. When the office finally opened I got the fertility nurses' (Missy the doctors wife) voice mail, it said they were gone to a fertility conference and wouldn't be back until the 17th. WHAT?! I can't wait that long! So I called the main office back and told them my problem. Then about 30 min later I got a phone call from Missy! She told me to go to the hospital and take a blood pregnancy test. So we rushed and got ready to go.

Once we got there I asked how long it would take to get the results. She told me about 15 minutes. Lies! David paced the halls and I fidgeted for about 45 min trying to get the test results. But the wait was well worth it. :) I got the results I have been looking for for over 2 years now. It showed that I was about 2 weeks pregnant. Of course after I composed myself I started making phone calls. It was the most interesting to call my mother, I told her she was going to be a grandma and she flipped out on the phone. lol I heard screams of joy on the other end.

I would also like to thank everyone that kept us in their prayers. I know that those prayers helped. :) I would also like to ask you all to keep us in our prayers that we make it to term and have a happy healthy baby. I know the first trimester is the most dangerous for miscarriages, so after the first 3 months I'll breath a little easier.

5 comments:

Pucster said...

That's great news guys!! Congrats!! PTL!!

I'll continue to pray for you guys and the baby.

God Bless you guys,
Geordie

Shikyrie said...

This is WONDERFUL news... Of course I'll pray that you carry it to term... No one should be denied their own child.

Jonathan said...

That is wonderful wonderful news - Praise the Lord indeed! I have a big smile for ya both, congratulations!

-- J

Randy said...

That is incredible news! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Woot!! That is the best news ever a blog can give!! Grats is almost too small of a word!!