Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'll Hold You in Heaven

As some of you already know, we found out we lost our baby. I found this poem, and I think I will make a scrapbook page with it to have a reminder within reach.

I'll Hold You in Heaven

From the very beginning I loved you,
As I made plans to hold you and rock you:
You were tiny and helpless as you lay in my womb,
But something went wrong and soon you were gone;
My young heart was broken, my tears fell like rain,
I'd never known such heartache and pain.

I wonder who you look like, me or your dad,
Do you have my smile and his eyes?
Would you have been big and tall or tiny and small?
We had dreams for you that reached to the skies.
It was long, long ago and I still miss you so,
Thanks to Jesus, I'll see you in heaven.

I'll hold you in heaven someday,
When my trials on earth pass away;
The angels have rocked you, the Father watches over you,
I know you're waiting for me;
I never could hold you or tell you "Goodbye",
But I'll hold you in heaven someday.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for your loss. After everything you've been through to get here, I can't even begin to imagaine what you must be going through...but I will keep you in my prayers.

David (Arystina)

Shikyrie said...

Ouch. I'm sorry, LR. Having experienced that pain and emptiness myself, from the father's prospective, I know how you are feeling. At least I know I'll eventually see my child in heaven, and we will know each other then. Hopefully for you, this isn't the only chance you get. I'll keep you and David in my prayers as well.

Dave

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful poem LR, I have a couple babies I haven't held yet too, that we will do in heaven.
:)