Monday, August 3, 2009

American Idols Tour 2009!

Two days after the American Idol Concert and I still have Mad World ringing in my ears. I had a blast! It took us about 4 hours to get to Charlotte, NC and when we got to our hotel I was beat. But unfortunately they wouldn't have a room available for another 2 hours. /sigh So we decided to go out and eat. David printed off the address to Buffalo Wild Wings, one of our favortie restarants that we don't have locally. Wouldn't you know it, our navigation system couldn't find it. It took us a while but we blundered around until we found it. lolAfter we finished our lunch we went back to the hotel and actually got a room. I had to wait 3 hours until it was time to leave for the concert..the time ticked by slowly. Around 5:30 we left and went on the peraless journey to find a parking spot. Unsuprisingly we had to pay $10 to park close..but I didn't want to walk very far in the dark. We waited in line about 15 min. and then the doors were opened! We got seated and now all I had to do was wait another 30 min. This time it didn't seem to take so long because I was soaking up the atmosphere and trying not to get dizzy from our seats that were so high up. lol

When the concert started I was excited! Of course they started from number 10 and worked there way up to the winner of American I had to wait a while before I got to see Adam.
But everyone performed wonderfully!

When Adam finally took the stage everyone was screaming so loudly! I was one of them. hehe He performed about 4 songs I believe. I laughed my head off when some ladies threw their bras on stage. He picked one up and started swinging it around and danced a little and you could see he was laughing too. He threw them back into the audience eventually. I have a video of one incident with a bra, but I don't have the video on this computer yet to share it, so I went to youtube and found one someone else had. It's at the bottom of the page.

David was my camera man, and he got some great stuff. Since our seats were so far back we borrowed a pair of binoculars and he actually took close ups by putting the lense through the binocular lenses. lol It worked pretty well.

After the show came the best part. I know what your saying, wasn't the concert the best part? Well yes and no. After we exited the stadium we saw a line of people waiting to get autographs
and I decided I wanted to get one too. :D So David and I joined in and we actually got a pretty good spot. I wasn't right next to them, but I was just one person back from those who were, so
when they passed all I had to do was reach over one persons head and they signed my paper.
That rocked! I got to see all my favorite idols up close! I did make one little mistake. When Scott came around I just put my paper in front of his pen and he signed it..but since he was blind he ki
nd ran into another signature I had. Doh!
Why didn't I shift the paper around better? Oh well. lol

After all the excitment was over it was time to call it a day. We got back to the hotel about 12:15
. It was a very long day, but very exciting. Here are some random pics from the autograph signing. They are a little blurry, but it's all I got. lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time!!