Friday, March 6, 2009

Green Eyed Monster




The green eyed monster, how well I know thee..

I sometimes feel like I should just stop raiding. Our raids are based on free rolls, and do I ever win? No. The last thing I won with a roll was my trinket, and that was because no one rolled against me. I saw some robes and a trinket that I would have loved to have. I really miss the Suicide Kings method of bidding on items. With this method you were added to a list and if you wanted a drop you would whipser bid to the master looter. If you were higher on the list you won, and then you were moved to the bottom. This way everyone got a turn getting loot. But the mod is dead now and as of right now, we can't find anything to replace it. It would also be hard to do this with pugs, and that is the only way we can do 25 man nax in Eternity Matters. We almost have enough people, but we still lack a few.  

Last night after the raid I logged off and pouted. Yes, I regressed to pouting. I didn't rant in guild chat, that would be going to far. lol So I do it here. :)  But this is my place. But I would like to say I have a great husband. He came with me and talked with me, listened to my whinning and then he just out of the blue told me something that happend at work. I was like, huh? But it was a funny story and got my mind off of what was bothering me. I figured out what he was doing, but went with it. lol I needed to get my mind off of things. 

 No matter how upset I get at not getting what I want, I still love the guild I'm in. The people are great and I love being with them. Just hearing them be silly in vent and the concern they show for people who are having a tough time in their life is enough to remind me that I am in the right place. 

Happiness resides not in posessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul. -Democritu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have all been there. I have also seen how unselfish you have been at times, letting a new druid get drops that would have been upgrades for you (probably that you are still trying to get) but for the better of the guild you let them have. The more geared mains we have the better.
Salute!

Now about your rolls....maybe Therigwin has a mod that will help! :)

Therigwin said...

Sorry, I have no mod, but I understand the whole roll thing.

Our big struggle is our lack of dps in EM, so we pug them and then they end up getting much of that loot.

I hope it will eventually balance out and people will start getting the stuff they need.

Shikyrie said...

Hey LR, you did get a couple of things tonight, didn't you? But yea, I know the feeling as well. I've been lucky the past couple of weeks and have gotten a few new pieces of gear, but I remember when I started running raids (Naxx and even OS or VoA) and some of the heroics where nothing I could use dropped. There also have been times where I've rolled on something, then looked at the other person's armor, and given up the roll so they've had something better than what they've had. Tonight when that helm dropped, I debated over whether or not to roll on it, because I knew that the T7.5 chest token had a chance of dropping. I decided on the former, because though I do want to get that chest piece, there are others in the guild that still have the blue chest that could use that token. As it turned out, it worked out great for Tom that he passed on the helm, because the pally chestpiece token dropped and he won it. Sometimes, I feel bummed about not getting anything as well, but then I look back on the fun and the fellowship, and realize that it was still good. It all balances out in the end :D

Jordan said...

LR, I totally know where you are coming from. Spendall DKP in my opinion is the way to go.