Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This and That

Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged. I've been very busy, I recently started work as a cashier and I work weird hours. When I get home I don't feel like blogging very much, so this is the first time I've felt like writing. 
While I was at work I noticed 2 young men that had a name tag with 'elder' and 'deacon'. I associated this with a church and I asked them where they went, and they said there church was in town. I was curious because I wanted to visit near by chruches. Wel,l I failed to realize they were mormons. I know almost zero about mormonism so I decided to do some research. From this site I found out some stuff that made my jaw drop. I do not wish to offend anyone that may belive this, but I for one was floored to read this. 

1. Is There More Than One True God?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that there is only one True and Living God and apart from Him there are no other Gods(Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; 44:6,8; 45:21,22; 46:9; Mark 12:29-34).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that there are many Gods (Book of Abraham 4:3ff), and that we can become gods and goddesses in the celestial kingdom(Doctrine and Covenants 132:19-20; Gospel Principles, p. 245; Achieving a Celestial Marriage, p. 130). It also teaches that those who achieve godhood will have spirit children who will worship and pray to them, just as we worship and pray to God the Father (Gospel Principles, p. 302).

2. Was God Once a Man Like Us?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that God is Spirit (John 4:24; 1 Timothy 6:15,16), He is not a man (Numbers 23:19; Hosea 11:9; Romans 1:22, 23), and has always (eternally) existed as God — all powerful, all knowing, and everywhere present (Psalm 90:2; 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:28; Luke 1:37).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that God the Father was once a man like us who progressed to become a God and has a body of flesh and bone (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22; "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!" from Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 345-347; Gospel Principles, p. 9; Articles of Faith, p. 430; Mormon Doctrine, p. 321). Indeed, the Mormon Church teaches that God himself has a father, and a grandfather, ad infinitum (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 373; Mormon Doctrine, p. 577)

I know that religion is a touchy subject, but I wanted to post about something that was going on in my life, and this is something that has come up.  I do not claim to have done any extensive research on the matter and I do not know if the above statments are true. 

On a lighter note, I finally went on a raid tonight. I had fun, and it was nice to be with my guildies again. It's nice to know that my husband and I were missed. We just got really burnt out on raiding. I plan on only raiding a few nights a week, not every night like I had been. I miss the BC days when we only went to kara on the weekends. :) That didn't burn me out so much. Lately I feel like my whole gaming experience was to log in, farm the mats for my food, do some dailies to cover the price for my flask and repair bill, and then go on the raid. I don't want that to be the only thing I do every night. I want to level my horde druid and just chill out when I get home. 

I'd also like to share a great anime show that I just found, it's called Tokyo Mew Mew. I love it! It's very similar to Sailor Moon, which is my all time favorite anime. Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew fall into the cateogry of 'Magical girl anime' click here for more info on the subject. I've only watched the first 7 episodes, but I can tell it's my kind of anime. 
Well that's all I have to share for now, enjoy the Tokyo Mew Mew transformations and attacks I attached <3


No comments: